Wednesday, December 22, 2010

bat in the hallway

One evening we were all hanging out in the Canteen and there was a little knock on the door. Well this little knock continued and continued and continued so finally one of us got up from the couch where we were watching a movie and opened the door. Cute little Mick had come to visit. A few weeks back he had figured out where our rooms where and he visited us quite often. At least once a day. He’d pound on your door until you opened it and if you didn’t come after a few minutes he knew he could find us in the kitchen. He brought in a few little toys and watched the movie with us. He was a bit frightened as was I. We were watching Edward Scissor hands. When the movie was over we all headed to our rooms to go to sleep. I walked Mick down the hallway to the staircase to make sure that he made it home safely. When we got about three steps away from the staircase something LARGE and black flew straight at us. It scared him but me even more. The cute little boy almost broke in to tears. He was so scared. I picked him up and tried to hold him close to comfort him when my heart was pounding just as fast. I was so nervous that I had to walk back down the hall to get to my room. I didn’t want that thing flying back at me. When he realized that I’d have to go back the way the bat/bird just flew he worked up some courage and from his acting out I figured out he said he’d walk me back to my room. I told him it was alright and walked him to his room. I was so scared I didn’t want to walk back down the hallway so I walked all the way across the fifth floor and went up the staircase on the other side. I didn’t see the bat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment