Wednesday, December 22, 2010

my darling little orphans

In my ELE class I taught my students numbers. We had done them for a few days and they new them quite well. At the beginning of class we reviewed 1-20 and I felt like they knew them well enough so I moved on. I taught them 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... After they knew those I knew they could say any number from 1-100. They loved it. They were darling yelling out the fity seben, thuRty fou in there cute Chinese accents. I had them review counting by ten and right as I say 30 my cute little Blake yells “teacher Michelle” I turn to him to see what he has to say. He says “Mama thirty and he makes an action like he cut his head off and was dead.” As I continued on up the number chart he said Baba, which is father and did the same action. Then Grandmother same action, Grandfather same action. I was heart broken. I wanted to cry. He was darling. I love these little children I get to teach. It’s so rewarding. I wish I could fit them all in my suitcase and take them home with me. They are truly special kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment