Wednesday, December 22, 2010

bringing home a student

Anhui Mayflora International School is having a welcoming festival. Each class in the school had to come up with a program. We had put together a little show and had practice every Tuesday night. As an incentive to get the students to stay on task and work real hard we told them that after each practice we’d take one student home with us for a few hours and they could play with us in our rooms. The first time I took Madi up. Madi and I didn’t get along the best. She is quite a little rascal. She doesn’t like to do anything you tell her to basically. I decided to bring her up to see if it’d help out. She was darling. We made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She loved it! Then we went in to my room and watched princess in the frog while I painted her fingernails. This made her so happy. She threw a little tantrum a few times but I felt like we bonded well that night. Ever since that night she shows me her fingernails. Even though now she only has little specks of paint on her fingernails she’s still very proud. The second time I took up Austin. I love Austin. I love all the children but Austin and I have this special bond. I spent a lot of time helping out with him at the beginning and we just have become great pals. Again we made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then went in to my room and played. Rachel had brought up Ben and Cami brought up Tyson. We played with photobooth on Rachel’s computer for a while. We got the little boys giggling. They loved it and thought it was so funny. We turned on Toy Story and Austin snuggled up right against me and we watched the movie. It made me miss my little nephews so much. It was so much fun. He’s so adorable. We played mama horsey, baby horsey, and papa horsey. They thought that was pretty fun too. The Chinese people don’t get cold. They are always warm and since we had our heater on since we get real cold all the little boys were sweating. They were so hot. They each had so many layers on they took some off and were still sweating. Austin pulled up all his layers showing me how many things he had on. Poor little guy had lots of clothes on! We bundled them all back up before we walked them back down to go to bed. I love the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment