Wednesday, December 22, 2010

getting ready to become a teacher

We set up our main classroom and organized all our supplies. It was lots of fun to make that classroom ours. A lot of Chinese students came in to see what we were doing and visit with us. They love to be around us and speak English. There were three young boys standing outside the classroom door talking to me. One boy said “teacher you are beautiful” and then they all ran away. They are so adorable. A few little boys were going through the supplies we brought and found some balls. They wanted to play catch with me so we stood in a triangle and began to toss the ball. I wasn’t looking for one second and the ball hit me straight in the face. It didn’t hurt too badly but when I looked back at the small boy who had thrown the ball he was in a panic. He just kept saying “sorry teacher, sorry teacher.” He felt bad and I tried as best I could to let him know that it was ok. At this point if it weren’t for the children I think I’d go home.


One of the most rewarding things so far has been to sit and visit with the Chinese children. They’re so kind and enjoy us being around. They have such a strong desire to learn English and take every opportunity to come learn from us. People around campus are constantly asking us to teach them English. I wish I could teach them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment